8/27/12

Coffee & Cocoa.. Yes! I think so!

I have been doing really great keeping up with my schedule and my HMB (home management binder) so I decided I wanted to treat myself. I wanted to save some money and not get too crazy so I start looking for homemade facial masks. Girls, let me tell you, I don't see a reason to ever pay someone to do this for you ever again! There are so many fantastic recipes out there and you can stick with all natural options! I found this recipe for a Coffee & Cocoa Facial Mask.

I have very dry skin so this recipe was a great starting point. I tweaked it just a little:
  • 4 Tbsp. finely ground espresso or coffee beans (I used instant coffee but for sensitive skin a very finely ground coffee would work better)
  • 4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (your basic Hershey's is perfect here)
  • 2 eggs whites. (I like the way this sets up when you let the mask dry).
  • 2 Tbsp. honey (if you have dry skin) or lemon juice (if you have oily skin)
  • 1 tsp. olive oil  
 After mixing all these ingredients I put on the mask with a Popsicle stick and let it dry. When it was dry I got a washcloth wet with the hottest water I could stand and started to soak of the mask. As I was wiping off the mask you can feel the coffee exfoliating, don't get over-zealous here though because the coffee can scratch your skin. 

I rinsed with cool water and a light cleanser then moisturized. My skin felt so wonderful, well worth it! Hope you enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment