11/11/14

My newly created Steak Fajita Tacos!

So incredibly easy!!!

I had an extra ribeye steak in the fridge I needed to use and some bell peppers hanging around. Usually I would have gone the stir-fry route, but I'm doing my best to step out of the box in my cooking lately. No one likes the same things over and over again (even if they are amazing things 😉). So....

- I cut up the ribeye steak,  removing most of the fat and cutting against the grain to keep it tender.
- I sliced four different colors of bell peppers (not necessary but visually exciting) and some white onion
- I cooked the ribeye with minced garlic and Fajita seasoning. I added a little oil for moisture.  I VERY quickly cooked the vegetables because we like the fresh taste and crunch of bell peppers. I also put a little bit of the Fajita seasoning in the vegetables.
- Then I whipped up a very simple packages Spanish Rice and layered it all in flat bottom hard taco shells. Rice for the bottom layer, then vegetables and then meat. I topped with shredded cheddar!

ALL DONE!!!

These were so easy and Ryan was a huge fan. He said I need to add them to my "recipe rotation". 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment