9/18/16

A new(ish) job, a baby/toddler status child, a busier than busy husband....suddenly my life is crazy!! I can't remember the last time I painted my toenails (cringing inside) or woke up feeling rested. Oh my goodness, just laughable.

I am successful. I am in love with my husband. I am a happy, hands-on mom. I am absolutely awesome and a total, complete, chaotic hot mess! It's ok though right? It gets easier right? That is what I tell myself as I am downing my glass of wine with the dinner I just flawlessly made at .... 10 o'clock at night.

My son is my world. He is walking now and it is so adorable. He is the grossest, dirtiest, stinkiest thing I have ever been responsible for in my life and I love it. He is gratefully past the stage of making certain I smell like barf all the time, which is also very awesome.

My husband is busier than ever, which makes romantic time rare and sleepy-eyed but we are happy. We yell at each other, I yell at him mostly...about him watching football mostly. I mean really? Does everything have to be watched at the decibel level of military weaponry? Apparently yes, yes it does.

My point is this - it has been a long time since I slowed down and took a look at myself. A real look at the mom, wife, friend and co-worker in the mirror. I still like her, she is pretty fierce. I am going to get reacquainted, spend some lovey, quality time with me.

I want to slow my mind down a little. Life is going by so fast and I want to step back to enjoy the scenery. Be happier, be more easily satisfied.

As much as I am enjoying this much overdo post, I have a screaming baby in the other room who has a 6th sense about me relaxing and enjoying myself. Going to get off for now, but be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment